Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-43W805C Updating problem

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
freedigit
Explorer

KDL-43W805C Updating problem

2 days ago my TV proposed to install an update.

I started the process and got the usual update screen with progress bar, rotating arrows and a sign warning me of not switching off the power.

I left the TV to update the software and after 2 hours I found out that the TV is stuck on the same screen. It is not updating but instead, the progress indicator reaches approximately 25% (with LED flashing white) and then the TV is rebooting (LED flashes blue once right before the rebooting) and the update starts again. The TV was in this mode for about 10 hours and nothing has changed, just continuously rebooting at the same ~25% progress so I had to disconnect the power cord.

My internet access is quite fast, so I believe it is not a question of downloading the update, and I could not find similar problems here in the community so it may look like some problem.

Could you please advise if there is any way to fix this problem or I need to repair it.

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
freedigit
Explorer

I've contacted the support, they advised to try hard resetting or updating from USB, nothing worked, so I am trying to send it for repairs now. Thank you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @freedigit and welcome to the community,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues.  There are some troubleshooting steps outlined here that you can try: http://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/137866

If these don't resolve the issue, I recommend getting in touch with Support (details here).

Cheers,

C

profile.country.GB.title
freedigit
Explorer

I've contacted the support, they advised to try hard resetting or updating from USB, nothing worked, so I am trying to send it for repairs now. Thank you.

profile.country.GB.title
Delilahc
New

I’m having the same problem now did you fix yours maybe you can help me 

profile.country.GB.title
freedigit
Explorer

it was resolved by changing the TV's motherboard, I had to call the service
and they have arranged for the replacement. Nothing else they could do. 😞