Join now - be part of our community!

KD43X8309 shows Home screen when turned on

profile.country.GB.title
Raifyroo
New

KD43X8309 shows Home screen when turned on

I’ve had this tv for a few years and until the last few months it has been fine. I use it in conjunction with a Humax and lately, when I turn the tv on (with either the Humax or Sony remote), it opens straight into the Sony TV Home Screen instead of the channel it was left on when last turned off.  I then have to scroll down and select HDMI 1 to get back to the last used channel.  It is really annoying, especially if I want to rewind live tv, as I can’t because it’s not on a channel.  I have always operated the tv with just the Humax remote with no problem, but now the Sony remote is also needed to get HDMI 1.   I have called Sony a couple of times and they thought they had fixed it.  No!  Please can anyone help.  Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
gcac2828

We also have a HUMAX. With your problem forget the Sony remote (apart from setting a suitable volume) then just use the HUMAX Control for volume and all your program viewing and recording  using the HUMAX.

profile.country.GB.title
Raifyroo
New

Thanks for your reply but as I said earlier, I have always used just the Humax remote but I can’t anymore as I need to use the Sony remote to get out of the Sony Home screen before I am able to watch a channel. 

profile.country.GB.title
gcac2828

Initially of cause each time swiching TV on you have to use the Sony remote to select the HDMI input your HUMAX is connected to,  after that everything can be selected from your HUMAX.  

profile.country.GB.title
Raifyroo
New

Sorry maybe I’m not making myself understood!  It constantly opens into the Sony Home screen regardless of remote used, not just initially.