Join now - be part of our community!

KD 55XG9505 Recording

profile.country.GB.title
Grovester
Explorer

KD 55XG9505 Recording

Hi All

I have a few questions relating to Freeview and recording:-

• YouView has 7 day catchup but won't let me set recordings? Why won't it let me record?
    • Sony has successfully registered my hard drive
    • YouView website says you can record two programmes at the same time as watching another
  • My TV has Freeview HD but not Freeview Play which is better for catchup and recordings. Can I upgrade to Freeview Play?

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Unfortunately it is stated since 2015 that if you activate youview you won't have the recording features 

profile.country.GB.title
Grovester
Explorer

How disappointing for a 2019 tv.

I'll switch to Freeview for now (which similarly would be better if this could be upgraded to Freeview Play)

profile.country.GB.title
Grovester
Explorer

Have I got this right...

You can have catchup with the Spony built in YouView but not recording

Or you can have recording with Sony built in Freeview HD but not catch up

You can't have both (which are available if you bought a Youview box or a Freeview Play box)

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

You can have also most of the catch up without youview, you may find plenty of thread of which app are available (i.e. BBC Iplayer) or can be sideloaded outside of youview.

Keep in mind that no other tv (afaik) offer youview inside the tv itself....

profile.country.GB.title
Grovester
Explorer

Can you add Freeview Play on the TV as this does catch up, recording (whilst you watch a different channel) and series link.  A lot more than the built in Freeview HD

Thanks, Phil

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Sorry I don't get your last message also because in Italy we don't have something similar to your freeview system...

In any case with an XG95 you CAN record a program while watching another having a twin tuner...