Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55XG8505 How to turn off info from hybrid TV on the lower left corner

profile.country.FI.title
ve10hje
Explorer

KD-55XG8505 How to turn off info from hybrid TV on the lower left corner

That info comes from hybrid TV and keeps showing every 3 to 5 minutes "start the program at the beginning" I think there is somewhere in settings some button to allow or not allow this message:

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

You should disable the digital services. If will stop the message but also the service itself

profile.country.FI.title
ve10hje
Explorer

I don't find the place to disable the digital services? I have gone thru all the options in in settings menu including submenu services but not found suitable selection.

I know the notice is connected to services provided by program provider in different channels. The interacting communication is using Internet in my case WiFi connection. If WiFi is not connected there is on right upper corner a notice: No WiFi connection. When the WiFi is on there is that annoying info on the lower left corner including red LED mark telling that by pressing the red button on the hand control unit I can get different options. The main worry is that the notice box shadows in some programs the translation text of films etc. 

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I don't have the same tv model, but it should be in the digital tuner setup, submenu technical setup (or something like that)

profile.country.FI.title
ve10hje
Explorer

Unfortunately non of the answers have helped me on the problem. I guess i am asking something that has not been programmed on my tv model. I have told the info about availability to get some extras by selecting menu with red button on the hand control. Whether I respond on the notice "start the program" or not it will be shown every fife to ten minutes covering subtitle text on some programs. I am pleased to have the function but why it should be shown over and over continually? If the function is needed I know it is there and can press the red button. At least if it would be the red led only on the screen without any text that would OK.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

May you show a photo of the menu/submenu you have on Digital channel setup?

Regarding the timing and layout of the feature you should address the broadcaster who developed it (but I guess they mean to get your attention on it)