Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49XF9005 Advice

profile.country.GB.title
Timelordsboots
Explorer

KD-49XF9005 Advice

Hello

I was wondering if you could give me some advice. I have the above TV and I currently use an Astro A50 Gen 3 wireless Headset when using my PS4, Xbox One. I also watch tv through it by connecting the optical lead to the optical out on the TV. 

The first question is what are the best audio settings on the TV to use? Also should I switch to “Audio System” or keep using “TV Speakers” and does it make any difference? If there any settings I need to put in place to make sure I don’t get any lip sync issues? 

I am not great with settings so I thought I would ask the experts! :slight_smile:

Many thanks 

Jon 

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

If you set the audio to external audio you switch off the internal speaker and enable multichannel audio on the optical lead (if your headset could make advantage of it I really don't know)

profile.country.GB.title
Timelordsboots
Explorer

Hi Rooobb

Thanks for coming back to me and I appreciate your assistance. I am using optical at the moment and I will do as you have suggested. 

I am due to receive the PS5 in the next few weeks which does not support optical so I will have to go the HDMI route and just wondered if it makes any difference? Also i could do with some advice on the following and which ones to use: -

Headphone/Audio Out

- Headphone

- Audio out (fixed)

- Audio out (variable)

- subwoofer 

Is PCM the best setting to use when using headphones?

Apologies in advance for the number of questions but I just want to get everything setup correctly.

Many thanks 

Jon 

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I'll try to answer your question...;)

• letting go the audio from the PS5 to the TV via HDMI ad then to the headphone via optical should work, but you are adding pieces to the chain and you may have a delay, not being a gamer I don't know how it will impact you
  • Headphone audio out does not apply to your setup but if you use the headphone analogue jack
  • PCM is stereo, you have to look at your headphone specs to see if it make use of multichannel audio. Normally is better multiaudio and use PCM stereo only if you have compatibility issues
profile.country.GB.title
Timelordsboots
Explorer

Hi Rooobb

That is a great help thanks. 

This is the Headset I use but although it has Dolby capabilities I am not sure whether it is technically still classed as stereo. 

https://www.astrogaming.com/en-gb/products/headsets/a50-gen-4.html#tech-specs 

It was easier with a commodore Amiga back in the day! Lol