Join now - be part of our community!

KD-43XD8305 with HT-ZF9 soundbard

profile.country.GB.title
ch3nks

KD-43XD8305 with HT-ZF9 soundbard

i just bought a HT-ZF9 sound to connect to my KD-43XD8305.

hooked it all up, connected it to HDMI3 ARC.

enabled IR passthru, and Bravia Sync is enabled so i can control it with my TV remote.

first problem, when i change the volume, the volume changes on the soundbar as expected, however the volume control level on the screen doesn't match the volume level on the soundbar display.

example - soundbar volume 22, tv shows volume 46.

second question - how do i see what audio format is being output by the soundbar? eg DD5.1, DTS, TrueHD, Atmos etc etc?

at the moment i have it set to "auto sound" for the sound presets. set the "vertical s" to ON. and changed no other settings at the moment.

i'll be using the soundbar for all content - Live TV, Bluray (which is rare), and Netflix, Plex etc via the apps on the TV.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Normally the codec type is displayed on the frontpanel of the soundbar (at least I have those indicator on my own HTCT350).

Regarding the volume level, as stated in the user manual, "The number for the system’s volume level is displayed on the TV screen depending on the TV. The volume number displayed on the TV may differ from the number on the front panel display of the system."

Since the soundbar normally goes from 0 to 50 and the tv from 0 to 100 it will always double in the tv screen