Join now - be part of our community!

HT-XT1 compatibility with eARC KD65XG8505 ?

profile.country.GB.title
bash-uk
New

HT-XT1 compatibility with eARC KD65XG8505 ?

Greetings

I'm trying to track down a really annoying issue with sound drop outs on my KD65XG8505 connected to the HT-XT1 soundbar.  

When watching films on Amazon and Netflix there are consistent, intermittent, sound drop outs (for a fraction of a second).   I've seen somewhere else on here that the recommendation is to get a higher spec HDMI cable which supports eARC, but I just checked and this HT-XT1 soundbar only has an ARC connection, so I was wondering if there is just a basic incompatibility I am trying to grapple with ?

The TV has all its firmware up to date and there doesn't seem to be a way of updating the firmware on the HT-XT1.  

Can anyone throw some light on this issue with either a solution or some experience ?

Thanks in advance

SB

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

HT-XT1 doesn't support eARC. However, the sound drop-outs can be related to the cable quality.

I would recommend to use a quality HDMI cable to get the best sound experience.

Also you might want to turn off eARC in your TV if it's enabled.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
bash-uk
New

Hi Peter 

Thanks for the reply.  I've ordered a higher spec HDMI cable to see if this helps and then will try the other thing.

SB

profile.country.GB.title
merseyswine

I have exactly the same problem with my new Sony 55AG9 TV and my new Samsung Q90R sound system. It only happens when the TV is passing the sound to the soundbar  via the eARC link, ie not when I’m watching a Blu-ray.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@bash-uk 

Do you still get the dropouts if you turn the soundbar off, and let the sound come through the TV?

Do you still get the dropouts if you connect to the soundbar via an optical cable?

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
bash-uk
New

Hi - so I got the new cable which was slightly better.  It still drops out sound though.    So I tried using Amazon via my ROKU-3 (using HDMI 2) and it has no drop outs. 

This would suggest that the Amazon App is buggy on the Sony TV or (most likely from what I have read elsewhere) that the Sony TV doesn't have enough grunt to run its "smart TV" - I'm wondering if there is any chance Sony will address this ?

Kind regards

SB