Join now - be part of our community!

HT-G700 and 55XH9005, no Dolby Atmos - TRUE HD

profile.country.US.title
erfan71
Explorer

HT-G700 and 55XH9005, no Dolby Atmos - TRUE HD

I have 55XH9005 TV with the latest software info which has enabled the eARC output based on the link below:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/lcd-tvs-android-xh90xx_x90xxh_x91xxh_xh92xx-series/kd-55x...

I have also the HT-G700  which supports Dolby Atmos True HD.

But I can't play any movies with this Audio format with any Player from The TV. I have followed the https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00194917 exactly. 

I am getting now sound or transcoded to DD+ with any software like Kodi, MxPlayer, Plex, or internal media player. 

I have checked with two  HDMI 2.1 cable. no luck. 

What is the problem? I would appreciate if anyone could help me. 

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

the eARC lossless flow, AFAIK, is enabled only as passthrough from an HDMI device not from internal app. If you have a UHD bluray connected you could easily verify it.

profile.country.US.title
erfan71
Explorer

But isn't the reason to have the eARC to enable this function?! 

Your answer is true when we are limited to hdmi 2.0 and ARC. 

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I'd expect the same but, always AFAIK, any tv works like this. It should be mentioned that no streaming service deploy lossless audio so the problemi should be limited to very few legal owned media with this type of tracks

profile.country.US.title
erfan71
Explorer

Yeah, it could be. But I don't think so. 

Because you can have it on Nvidia Sheild or in the near future in Plex on PS5. 

I believe the lack of lossless audio in streaming services is because of the huge bitrate of them. And also I think those audio types are not so common for people to use. I mean how much percent of Netflix users, for instance, have a suitable audio system supporting lossless audio? So I think it is not costly-wised super efficient for streaming services to enable them.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Be aware that neither nvidia nor ps5 have earc. It applies only to tv on one side and audio device on the other. Not boxes in between. They send audio track along a regular hdmi flow that support lossless track since ever.