Join now - be part of our community!

Help 4k Firestick causing boards to blow kd49xe9005

profile.country.GB.title
alamurra19
Explorer

Help 4k Firestick causing boards to blow kd49xe9005

Hi all, Frustrated from Frustration land here. Please Help

So back in Nov 2019, I had multi coloured lines on my 2yr old tv after plugging in a 4k firestick for the first time, after spending hours, days weeks of my life getting frustrated with Sony "EU Support", I took to emailing the CEO, who turned out to be the head of Customer services, after finding his email on CEO Mail. 

I then found the actual UK CEO and emailed him. Again heard nothing. I then took to signing up to LINKEDIN and messaged him direct, again no reply. Great customer service. 

By this time it is March 2020, without a tv in the main room. I then ordered a new LED Driver board, fitted it, boom, it worked fine. 

few days later I plugged the FS back in, was all going fine, then, multicoloured lines, then a blank screen, it was only then that we put 2 and 2 together. 

SO....has anyone heard of this, is it the firestick as I cant see it as it hdmi, and if not what the chuff can it be?

Please help and keep me sane in these weird times

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

A broken firestick?

profile.country.GB.title
alamurra19
Explorer

It's been used in another TV without issue for a long time being left in etc. Really don't know. 

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Me neither, but since both TV had problem just after connecting that firestick, I would not try it again ...