Join now - be part of our community!

Firmware update 6.267 (Oct/Nov 2017) full details ?

profile.country.GB.title
got2avekayanow
Explorer

Firmware update 6.267 (Oct/Nov 2017) full details ?

Hi all, I'm being pestered by osn's to tale this update but everywhere I've looked it lists a few details followed by "and more". Before I allow it I'd like to know what the "and more" is. Anyone know where I can see the full list.

24 REPLIES 24
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Hardly anybody notices any change at all. Rumor has it, that the new FW has just been pushed to remove Twitter Social Viewing before November.

Official changelog:

- Introduces How-to videos in the BRAVIA Recommendations shelf
- Improves TV response time when using the remote control
- Improves user experience when setting up Samba TV service
- Resolves YouTube 4K playback issue (2,560 x 1,440 resolution or higher)
- Resolves an issue where the TV turns on by itself from standby mode

YouTube 4K playback still suffers from micro-stuttering as before. So I have no clue what they actually fixed there.

As for Samba TV, they actually made the experience even worse. If you disabled the service it would now cause a crash every ~3s. So you have to enable the service which clearly infringes users' privacies as opting out of Samba TV does not stop the service from communicating with its servers. Seems like there is no QA at all over at Sony.

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

Kuschelmonschter wrote:

Hardly anybody notices any change at all. Rumor has it, that the new FW has just been pushed to remove Twitter Social Viewing before November.

I don't know if I should take this rumor with happiness... or desperation about the idea of waiting tirelessly for yet another fw update that probably will fix nothing, like this last one.

profile.country.GB.title
got2avekayanow
Explorer

Thanks but don't know about the Samba thing, I have it disabled but have not experienced any crashes, not even one never mind every 3secs. I don't twitter but still have no idea what the "and more" is. The update installed despite me clicking "later" sometime whilst on standby. As a result I have turned off Auto updates so I have a little more control over it next time. Great TV crap software.

Believe me when i say its a total nightmare. "" flamin box returning every 3 secounds. took me for ever trying to work it out but i did and now Samba is consigned to the bin. why the hell they put out untested updates i will never know, think it may be some one who knows nothing is writing the programs.  

MY ADVISE IS TO TURN OF AUTO UPDATES AND CHECK WITH THE COMUNITY WHEN THEY ARE SAFE TO LOAD.

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

@WhoopsSonyBravia wrote:

MY ADVISE IS TO TURN OF AUTO UPDATES AND CHECK WITH THE COMUNITY WHEN THEY ARE SAFE TO LOAD.

Did that after MM broke almost every smart function 😞

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

WhoopsSonyBravia wrote:

Believe me when i say its a total nightmare. "" flamin box returning every 3 secounds. took me for ever trying to work it out but i did and now Samba is consigned to the bin. why the hell they put out untested updates i will never know, think it may be some one who knows nothing is writing the programs.  

Oh, no.. I believe they did test it. They just didn't consider that many "power users" were going to get a rid of that Samba junk Sony seems to love so much.

Because, apparently, in the eyes of Sony we don't want HDR in YouTube, we don't want a working audio passthrough (with DTS and the likes), we don't want the ability to use a (standard in Android TV) VPN without the TV rebooting after sleeping, we don't want to extend our internal memory via an USB device (and also with the max performance supported by the device), we want... SAMBA TV!

Which I don't even know what it does, since I don't have an aerial connected. But that gets updated, making me losing half an hour to re-enable it (due to its infinite loop of crashes) and then finally get a rid of it for good.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

This video clearly demonstrates what Samba TV is geared towards. It is all about Sony making some money by spying on us.

profile.country.GB.title
Explorer

Hi

I have the same problem, how did you rectify it

Thanks

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Which problem are you referring to?