Join now - be part of our community!

Fire cube crashes TV

profile.country.GB.title
Gasgas41
Explorer

Fire cube crashes TV

Hi all,

Everytime I plug in a fire cube it crashes the Tv.  (KD55XE9005BU)   I’ve tried two separate Cubes which work perfectly on other tv’s. Blu ray works fine, so used the cable from that to see if it’s a cable issue. Crashes again.

Changed the inputs to enhanced, cycled through every HDMI port. Always the same. Loads, displays and as soon as you move a tile. TV crashes.

Any help would be great 

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Have you the latest Firmware? Check at link:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/lcd-tvs-android-xe90xx_x90xxe-series/kd-55xe9005/software...

Try also to reboot Android TV, press and hold the Power/OFF button on the Remote or try a Factory Reset (suggested after a Firmware update).

profile.country.GB.title
Gasgas41
Explorer

Cheers for the reply,

first thing I did when it started crashing. Problem then though, it crashed every time I pressed a button. Had to factory reset back to 2021 firmware just to make it stable again

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Gasgas41, what do you mean by resetting it back to 2021 firmware? This isn't possible. Do you mean that you simply did a factory reset? Did it resolve the issue now? Or just make it stable? 

Also, did the issue happen when you connect other devices to the TV? As if it only happens with this one that's a compatibility issue for sure.