Join now - be part of our community!

dolby vision

profile.country.GB.title
benjy86

dolby vision

hello i have a sony bravia kd55xe9305 and im wondering if i use the us firmware to download the dolby vision update would this work on my uk tv or would i lose the youview app etc? any help would be greatly appriceated im to impatient to check out dolby vision on netflix etc to wait

40 REPLIES 40
profile.country.GB.title
ninja_geezer
Explorer

who needs oled anyway ,when you have a light cannon of a tv like this sony LED ,also no worrying about screen burn constantly.:yahoo:

profile.country.GB.title
ninja_geezer
Explorer

Ok so have done the Dolby vision update.

i now have constant random black screens when watching DV content on netflix also last night the TV just turned itself off and the AV amp. today my grandaughter watching Madagascar on netflix (non DV) told me the screen was flashing so went to have a look and yes there was red flashing horizontal lines acrcoss the screen. so if i was you dont bother updaing as i feel is wrecked what was a good set... not happy will call  Sony tomorrow when they open.

dont suppose i will get any joy but we all need to keep on them until they sort this issue out.

also had a reply from another forum member who has the same black screen issues.:angry:

profile.country.GB.title
Therealsh

I'd the same strange black screen on Amazon Video. I wanted to test it after the update (XE93) and searched for 4K to see what it gives as a result.

Streaming started with HD 1080p and then black screen...

Didn't see any red blinking for now...

Can you refer to the other forum you've mentioned?

profile.country.GB.title
ninja_geezer
Explorer

There you go have read on here last page.44 i think.

also a mention of A1 forum members having same issues.

filed a complaint to sony this moring i suggest we all do the same ,i was on the phone a while but the chap was very helpful and took all the details.https://www.avforums.com/threads/sony-bravia-kd-55xe9305-hdr-4k-tv-review-comments.2095999/page-44

profile.country.GB.title
Therealsh

Thanks!

Just sent a customer support request.

Annoyed... 

profile.country.GB.title
miblogg39
Explorer

I see the updates ian available via usb , I’ve tried downloading it on my Apple Mac without success , guy in shop did say it will Be a auto update direct down hdmi just wondered when ... any idea please ? 

profile.country.GB.title
ninja_geezer
Explorer

Teach you to buy crapple :rofl:

only jesting .i had no problems from the website ,just follow the instructions worked perfect except for it does not work propery on the TV if you get my drift. TBH i would wait as its a flawed firmware and not even worth the hype. the stuff on netfix looks as good in HDR..

profile.country.GB.title
miblogg39
Explorer

Crapple lol .... yes think will wait for the auto update ... just opened the free month on Netflix and peeky blinders pic looks fine ... not to bothered about sound on vision as use external sonos 

profile.country.GB.title
ninja_geezer
Explorer

Dont blame you i would wait ,im guessing they wont put in auto update now until its sorted again !.

what do you mean about the dolby sound ?

the netflix sound is ok its only an issue on Amazon app.i use a Yamaha Aventage Av amp makes no difference the sounds goes on and off regardless of using external source.

profile.country.GB.title
miblogg39
Explorer

I keep the sound down to zero and just have sound running through a sonos playbar and 2x sonos plays 1s A’s surround .... it’s great for sport ... the 65 a1 is a fab tv just need this vision sorted !!