Join now - be part of our community!

Android 7.0 (Nougat) Update - Discussion Thread

profile.country.GB.title
diodorus

Android 7.0 (Nougat) Update - Discussion Thread

I just read about the upcoming Nougat update for (US?) sony TVs, for example the KDX8300D.

Any idea if this will also happen at the same time for the (UK?) XD83, and if so if this will fix the 5.1 issues?

Thanks!

346 REPLIES 346
profile.country.GB.title
mikesimm9

I am reposting this as although it was shown on an earlier post as solved - it wasn't.

My specific question (with thanks to kinggo01) is this:

Is there a technical reason why my TV 43XD8099 can't be upgraded to include A2DP or have Sony not got round to it / decided not to do it

My TV is the 43XD8099 (which i am told is ATV2) and able to update better than ATV1

With the 6.2602 Nougat firmware, I thought my TV would get all the improvements - it gets NEARLY all but for some reason not the A2DP bluetooth profile.

Does anyone from the forum, or from Sony know if this is because they haven't got round to it or is it something to do with the chipsets used in the 43XD8099.

I had understood that because this model could handle things like Picture in Picture and the other new upgrades that A2DP would be included.

My specific question (with thanks to kinggo01) is this:

Is there a technical reason why my TV 43XD8099 can't be upgraded to include A2DP or have Sony not got round to it / decided not to do it

profile.country.GB.title
colilee98

I came here with the same question about my KDL-50W755C model, the answer is 'maybe'. Sony say all Android TV's will get 7.0 but at the moment only 2016 & 2017 models are mentioned.

They only fairly recently updated mine (on auto) to 6.0 so you're going to have to be patient.

profile.country.GB.title
tractor9

I am begining to think the upgrade to nougat is a backward step. I hear the upgrade includes the privacy invading SAMBA.TV.

I have heard that if you do not agreed to install at the start you are bombarded with requesters to install each time you enter tv mode. If you install samba.tv it sends info to your mobile and collects data for advertisers and your viewing preferences. The current way to not install or not get requester is hidden and may not be spotted by the average user until they have lost some features due samba.tv being uninstalled thus making no better than Malwrae

If this the case SONY are not any better that malware spreader. The option for Samba.tv should be a simple yes or no not thrust onto the user. I understand some may want the info it provides but do you want to be tracked and advert targetted.

profile.country.GB.title
dabasto98

Can I force Nougat onto a 2015 set KDL43W809C???

profile.country.GB.title
tractor9

Beware you can not update 2015 models to Nougat yet. I have read that it will not be before the last quarter of the year. The current update states 2016 models listed and above only.You may brick the tv.

profile.country.GB.title
dabasto98

I will have to wait then.

want Nougat now.

wish this site would remember my password and was mobile friendly 

profile.country.SE.title
walander5
Explorer

I'm so regretting the upgrade to Nougat, the DD and DTS passthrough issue of course being the major backlash. Recently I'm also experiencing intermittent HDMI ARC issues that stops audio output to the (Onkyo) receiver until I reboot my TV.

I can't think of any benefit or anything about Nougat that I would miss.

I'm fairly new to Sony TV:s - I bought my first set (KD-65XD7505) about a month ago after owning some LG "smart" TV:s and building a couple of HTPC:s. Although I've also owned many other android devices I never really considered an android TV. That's why it was as a nice surprise to realize that my new TV could not only replace my Kodi media center and chromecast device - it could do so with better image quality and increased convenience. I was a happy customer. Can't believe that Sony would screw this up just weeks later - without any official information and no road map for a fix. Not even an apology... It's turned my experience of Sony TV:s from big fan to big disappointment in events that could have been avoided with something as simple as proper information.

Is it possible to revert to Marshmallow?

profile.country.AT.title
McFear_AT
Explorer

Hello,

I had the same problem with my Onkyo  NR646. After the update to Nougat.

The only thing that worked was a complete reset of the T.V.

Best regards

profile.country.GB.title
tractor9

Even a Factory reset makes no difference.

All you get is the fun of setting it all up again to see no difference with All4 and ITV hub on demand service.

profile.country.GB.title
colilee98

Ha, I used to work for ITV support. Whenever any company updated their software (irrespective of platform) it broke the Player/Hub until they got an update to the app out. The All4 app always seem to break at the same time.