Join now - be part of our community!

SONY VAIO VGX XL 302 GTL-7600 Latest Graphic's Driver

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
rsebre

SONY VAIO VGX XL 302 GTL-7600 Latest Graphic's Driver

Hello Everybody.

I have the SONY VAIO VGX XL 302 Media Center, Vista 32GB PC. I have updated its hardware b adding 2x 2GB Paired Dual Channel Memmory from Corsair, the XMS's have built in heat sinks. If you place them furthest from the rear vents out flow system, I have found the PC runs almost twice as cool, and thus slient.

I have been using the VGX XL Models from the VGX XL 201, then then 202, then the 301, and now the 302.

The hardware changes that have been going on with each model update has improved the system gradually, but now even on my VGX XL 302, Blueray playing and Blueray Burning is very hap hazzard. You never know if its going to work.

Beautiful system never the less, propably the finest media center PC in the world right now.

So this threat is about getting the latest GeForce GTL 7600 Drivers for this machine.

Sony update lists this :

NVIDIA Driver Version 7.15.10.9813

Download and Installation

1. Download this update and save it to a download directory.
2. Close all running programs.
3. Go to the download directory and double-click NVDVID-01341608-UN.exe.
4. This update will be extracted in the directory C:\Update\NVDVID-01341608-UN.exe.
5. Click Finish to close the Wizard.
6. Open Device Manager (click StartComputerManageDevice Manager).
7. Expand Display adapters entry.
8. Right Click NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600 GT and select Uninstall.
9. Check Delete the driver software for this device and click OK.
10. Click Yes to restart your computer.
11. After the computer has restarted, repeat steps 6 and 7 above
12. Right Click "NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)" and select Update Driver  Software.
13. Select Browse my computer for driver software.
14. Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
15. Click Have Disk and then Browse.
16. Select C:\Update\NVDVID-01341608\nvsy and click Open.
17. Click OK and click Next.
18. Select Install this driver software anyway.
19. Click Close when Windows has finished installing the driver software.
20. Click Yes to restart the computer.

Yet this morning when I got steam for free the redirected me too the Nvida website, which then scanned my Pc and came up with this :

NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GTL 98.13 GeForce 280.26 Driver
Version: 280.26 WHQL
Release Date: August 9, 2011

280.26-desktop-win7-winvista-32bit-english-whql

Should I install this, and if so, do I install this using the same process as descibed above by SONY?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi rsebre,

Drivers released by Sony have been tested to work with your system. Drivers released direct by NVIDIA have not.

It is of course your choice whether to install this diver and you do have the option to roll back to the original diver if problems are encountered.

Assuming that the down loaded driver has an .inf file (possibly \nvsy.inf) then the procedure will be the same.

Unless you have a specific reason for updating the driver (and I doubt that upgrade of the graphics will have any effect on Blu-ray Burning or playing) I would suggest you leave things as they are.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi rsebre,

Drivers released by Sony have been tested to work with your system. Drivers released direct by NVIDIA have not.

It is of course your choice whether to install this diver and you do have the option to roll back to the original diver if problems are encountered.

Assuming that the down loaded driver has an .inf file (possibly \nvsy.inf) then the procedure will be the same.

Unless you have a specific reason for updating the driver (and I doubt that upgrade of the graphics will have any effect on Blu-ray Burning or playing) I would suggest you leave things as they are.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
trebor75
Visitor

Hi i have have sound problem with mu xl301 have you had problems if so can you help