Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio VGN-FW21E

vipera2759
Visitor

Sony Vaio VGN-FW21E

I have installed windows 7 ultimate 32 bit on my vaio. And the windows was ok but the most of the options of the notebook doesn't worked, for example some of the function keys like those who change the brightnest of the screen, the volume, AV mode key, S1 key, some of the functions of the mouse pad. Now i am with the original windows vista ( a used the recovery discs to format and restore my default windows and settings ) but i still whant to be with the windows 7 .

Ou and i almost forgot! Whyle i was with the windows 7 i tried to install some of the utilities and drivers from here : http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/updates/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-FW21E&os=10 but some of them didn't wanted to install, or didn't install properly.

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

but some of them didn't wanted to install, or didn't install properly.

I think you have answered your own question! These utilities are needed for the options you have listed.

Which ones would not install?
How did you try to install then? Some need installing from Device Manager.

:thinking:

vipera2759
Visitor

I think you have answered your own question! These utilities are needed for the options you have listed.

O well i didn't know about the device manager. As long as i remember only the blootuth and wireless drivers have install properly. Other that i tried to install were with some kind of error , i think that it was : " can't install because the utilite you are installing needs .... somethin :grin: " i can't be veary helpfull 😞 can you tell me where is the device manager. Or redirect me to a topic where someone have explained how did they installed a new windows 7 on their vaio

vipera2759
Visitor

I finally done it ! :grin: the utilities didn't want to install because they need the drivers. And i was not installing the drivers properly, because almost every one of them needs the device manager :grin: . :laughing:

profile.country.en_GB.title
merajwani
Visitor

Same problem with my vaio need recovery disc will be very thankfull if anyone can upload it .....

Message was edited by: merajwani

merajwani
Visitor

Hi

I am getting the same problem function keys like those who change the brightnest of the screen, the volume, AV mode key, S1 key are not working even after installing all the drivers from device manager..

Kindly help

samrupl
Visitor

Is it possible for anyone to upload recovery disc of vgn fw21e. i lost my recovery disc and need it desperately.

i upgraded it to windows 7 but wana revert back to factory settings. please help

merry christmas

Message was edited by: -frank-