Join now - be part of our community!

SONY VAIO PROBLEM

profile.country.en_GB.title
chastenn
Visitor

SONY VAIO PROBLEM

Since I loaded Windows 7, the eject button on my laptop (VAIO - VGN-AR71ZU) has not worked.

What must I do to deal with this problem, please?

Charles Stenner

Message was edited by: -frank-

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Does everything else work OK? Are there any yellow errors showing in Device Manager showing that the driver has not been installed successfully?

Have you reinstalled the original utility programs that support special keys etc?

1. Sony Shared Library (Originally Installed -> Original Utilities Package)

2. Setting Utility Series (Originally Installed)

3. SFEP Driver (Originally Installed)

4. Vaio Event Service (Originally Installed -> Original Utilities Package)

These are available here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/preinstalled/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-AR71ZU

:thinking:

chastenn
Visitor

Yes, I have yellow errors showing in the Device Manager showing that the drivers for the Mass Storage Controller and the Multimedia Controller are not installed. Perhaps this is the reason why the DVD Drive Eject button does not function.

However, I carried out all instructions, to the best of my knowledge and belief, when I updated Vista to Windows 7.

I have to admit that as a result of installing Windows 7, I have lost all the dedicated VAIO information etc., which was available in Windows Vista.

Would you please let me have the instructions to install the above mentioned programs and any further instructions in order to rectify my problem with the Eject button.

Many thanks.

Charles Stenner

Message was edited by: -frank-

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

The Mass Storage Device is almost certainly the Memory Card slot and this needs the Memory Card Read/Write Driver installed.

I guess the Multimedia Controller will be the TV Tuner Card which needs the driver installed.

I don't think these will have anything to do with the Eject function but clear all the errors first and see if that helps.

:thinking:

chastenn
Visitor

Thanks for your response dated 00:46 on the 28.02.11.

It's all very well your telling me to clear firstly the errors described in your e-mail message, but I am not a genius, merely a simple soul. How do you clear each of the errors described, please, in simple terms, which we can all understand. I am,unfortunately, advanced in years and time is not on my side!!

I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Charles Stenner