Join now - be part of our community!

Screen problems in 4 month old VPCSB1V9E

profile.country.en_GB.title
CarolNeuro
Visitor

Screen problems in 4 month old VPCSB1V9E

I purchased a VPCSB1V9E and immediately noticed that the machine had a "power surge" on the hub port..(with nothing plugged in) After numerous calls to sony the machine was returned.. and repaired. Three months on the left side of the laptop screen doent work properly in "wall paper" desk top mode. Vaio care have told me it is not a hardware issue but a software issue and tried to seel me a years "service at 129 Euro. I am furious with Sony vaio. This machine is an obvious "lemon".. and a very expensive one. Has anyone else had a similar problem. So far after 4 mniths this machine is useless... yet they say it is not theri problem

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi CarolNeuro,

Presumably you raised a case with Vaio Link for the latest problem (screen) and they went through various trouble shooting procedures with you? Did they tell you why they considered it to be a software problem as opposed to hardware?

Can you let us know the actions they suggested to diagnose the problem – for example did they suggest any or all of the following to see whether the problem is still evident?

Enter BIOS on boot (tap F2 when you see the Vaio logo).

Try booting in Safe Mode (tap F8 at boot).

Attach an external monitor.

Back up your personal data and carry out a factory reset (either by use of recovery disks or by tapping F10 at boot to enter the HDD Recovery Partition).

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat