Join now - be part of our community!

FW41ZJ - Mouse/Touchpad Problem.....

profile.country.en_GB.title
jonwalke
Visitor

FW41ZJ - Mouse/Touchpad Problem.....

Hi Folks,

I have recently had another hard drive fitted to this dreadful machine (thats two in 14 mmonths btw) and I can't seem to get all the functionality of the touchpad back!

I used to have the facility to scroll up and down the page, go forward and back in the web browser etc but have lost these functions and can't see how / where to go to get them back?!

Any help would be fantastic!

Cheers

Jon

3 REPLIES 3
peshyxp
Visitor

When you installed your new hard drive did you use your recovery discs to reinstall the operating system and all other software?

If you didnt then you probably need to go to the Sony website, find your model and install the relevant drivers for the mousepad which should resolve the issue

If you did use the recovery software then may well be hardware issue ie the track pad area being worn

How old is the laptop and has the mousepad area been used frequently / infrequently?

jonwalke
Visitor

My crappy lappy is only 14 months old and it has onlt been used for home/domestic stuff, so nowt too taxing!

Assuming that this is a software issue, whewre do I need to go and what do I need to install to sort the damn thing out and get it sorted?

I have no idea where to start on this one.....

peshyxp
Visitor

Here is the link for drivers for your laptop and the drivers are located under the Originally Installed tab

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/preinstalled/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-FW41ZJ_H

Its the 11th one down on the list "Pointing Device / Touchpad Driver"

If you dont know how to download the drivers and install them on you laptop there are plenty of instructions on this forum

Good luck